Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition - Everything we know sofar

Notorious

Administrator
Goddamn CEO
"Ya think I give a shit?!!"
News is buzzing on social media and the internet on the rumors of the New GTA Trilogy Remastered games being in the works. So here is what we know so far in terms of the release.
  • Three games will be remastered, the same three games that came in the original GTA Trilogy. Which includes GTA Vice City, San Andreas and III.
  • It is rumored to release this fall in 2021.
  • Sounds like the Nintendo Switch will get a port of the new remastered GTA games including the next gen consoles (PS5 and XBox)
  • The remastered games will run on the Unreal Engine, which is an interesting take given that Rockstar has it's own game engine that they use to make their games called the RAGE engine. Maybe it was too complex for them to port it toe the RAGE engine and it seemed easier to port it to Unreal Engine? Anyway this will be an interesting take on the new Remastered Trilogy.
  • Apparently the UI of each game will also get a make over whilst still sticking to the characteristics of the original UI.
  • Rockstar Dundee which is Rockstar's Scottish outpost will be the company leading this port and turns out they are already in their final stages of the development.
  • Rumors and reports say that the games will be released on PS4, PS5 and the Microsoft Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S as well as the Nintendo Switch series. The games will also be released to PC, Google Stadia and mobile platforms.
What do you think? Got anything that I missed on the Remastered Trilogy?

Notorious

Administrator
Goddamn CEO
There have been a few logo's of the GTA Trilogy Definitive edition posted on the internet. No one can confirm if these are official or not but they do seem quite legit.

FA9qv69VcA0q2Wo

FA9qv6-VcAUTMje

FA9qv66VgBQvqFZ

What are your thoughts on this?

P.S: The original images from the R* games CDN were removed on 07 Oct 2021)

Last edited:

Notorious

Administrator
Goddamn CEO
Looks like people are diving deep into the latest Rockstar Launcher update and they have found the below.

FA8nUghXoAUN7ju

Now the speculations are that the Remastered Definitive Edition is using Unreal Engine hence the '- Unreal' in the decoded text.

Could this also be the recent DMCA takedowns on many GTA mods that remaster the game using Unreal engine?

Notorious

Administrator
Goddamn CEO
The original logos from the R* CDN have been removed, we have shifted the above images from sources throught Twitter.

Notorious

Administrator
Goddamn CEO
Oh yeah, there was some new news about the Trilogy. I will post about it on a separate thread soon.

Notorious

Administrator
Goddamn CEO
Yes indeed, the characters look a bit weird, but hey it's a remaster version not a complete rebuild of the game, so I guess it is what it is. But I love it, it just looks awesome.